Want to win a trip to Letter West and level up your lettering skills with workshops and lectures from industry heavy-weights like Jessica Hische, Nick Misani, and Ricardo Gonzales? And hang out with like-minded creatives who also geek out about letters as much as you do? And eat a bunch of delicious food?
If you've landed on this blog post, I'm 99.9% sure I know your answer to all of those questions: F*#K YES I DO! TELL ME MORE!
Last year, I was a teacher and speaker at Letter West, a lettering retreat put together by my lovely friend & fellow lettering artist Becca Clason. This year, I'm excited to announce that I'll be attending as a student. When I signed up, I decided to buy two tickets; one for myself, and one to gift to someone else.
I've been so incredibly fortunate to have found success in the creative industry. Yes, I worked my (very cute) butt off to get to where I am today, but I also had the privilege of attending The School of Visual Arts, learning from very talented and very well-connected people in the design industry, and having access to so many creative events while living in New York City.
Letter West, which runs from August 15th - 18th 2018, is such a game-changer for aspiring lettering artists. I'm really excited to be able to give another talented lettering artist the opportunity to attend an event like this and level up their lettering career. You can find all of the contest details below. Good luck everyone! xx
The winner will receive:
- one ticket to Letter West
- lodging + all meals for the weekend
- $500 for travel expenses
How to enter:
- Create a piece that shows off your lettering skills using the phrase Forever bettering my lettering
- Post your artwork on Instagram using the hashtag #letterwest and tag @homsweethom and @letter_west
- In the caption, write 1-2 paragraphs about why you love lettering and what winning this scholarship would mean to you.
- Submissions will be open from 10am EST on May 21st, 2018 to 11:59pm EST on June 1, 2018.
- The winner will be notified via Instagram Direct Message by 10am EST on Monday June 4th.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. This challenge/contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry.
- Though a travel stipend is provided, the winner will be responsible for booking their own transportation to and from the conference (flights, taxis, etc).
- The artwork you submit will not be used commercially, but I would like to feature it in my my Instagram Story and email newsletter with proper credit to you, of course. By entering this contest, you grant me permission to do so.
- View the full contest terms and conditions here.